Tuesday, April 17, 2007

LGO impartial? No chance!

During 1999 I sold a small parcel of land to a neighbour for a price of approx £150 per square metre. During 2003 I was offered £125 per square metre for all of my land. Luckily I turned the offer down because land prices have more than doubled since then . (Valuation Office Agency state they have increased by a factor of 2.17 times.) During 2005 I sold another small parcel of land to another neighbour for £350 per square metre.

Yet an investigator working for the Local Government Ombudsman recently told me that my land was only worth £20 per square metre. Why would an investigator try and persuade me my land was worth much less than it is?

Could it be because a Council need some of my land to finish a highway and they were trying to help them get it on the cheap?

Local Government Ombudsman, impartial, what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment