Sunday, May 27, 2007

Once an Ombudsman...

In a few weeks it will be 10 years since the LGO first became involved with my complaint.

During that period they have used every trick in the book (many of them more than once) to bury serious acts of maladministration committed by both Borough and County Council staff.

One of my friends wondered why an Ombudsman would do that. "Surely", my friend argued, "if the Ombudsman knows that they are being scrutinised they would do their level best to be seen to be doing a good job"?

My answer to them........ "It's in their nature"!

A scorpion asks a frog for help crossing a river. Intimidated by the scorpion's prominent stinger, the frog demurs.

"Don't be scared,'' the scorpion says. "If something happens to you, I'll drown.'' Moved by this logic, the frog puts the scorpion on his back and wades into the river. Half way across, the scorpion stings the frog.

The dying frog croaks, "How could you -- you know that you'll drown?''

"It's my nature,'' gasps the sinking scorpion.

Once a scorpion always a scorpion.

Once a chief executive always a chief executive.


No comments:

Post a Comment