Monday, August 27, 2007

Chronology of delay

Chronology of delay? (It looks more like collusion to the average observer.)

Still no sign of the provisional report I was promised at the end of February 2007. Read my post on the subject here

6 Months just to finalise a provisional report appears to be an inordinate length of time when the Local Government Ombudsman boasts that the average complaint only takes them 14 weeks to complete.!

Here's the chronology so far:
June 1997 Borough Council threaten to complete a roadway that would impact on my property.
June 1997 Submitted my first complaint to Local Government Ombudsman.
October 1998 Ombudsman produced a report and asked the council to provide a remedy.
June 2001 County Council, without the necessary planning permission, attempt to redesign and complete the roadway. Their plans prove the roadway would still impact on my property.
March 13th 2002 Submitted a second complaint to Local Government Ombudsman.
March 20th 2002 Local Government Ombudsman end their involvement (supposed to be monitoring the Councils actions) with my first complaint.
April 2002 Local Government Ombudsman refuses to investigate my second complaint.
May 2006 After an epic 4 year struggle the Local Government Ombudsman agree to 'comeback' on my 2001 complaint. Informed by Ombudsman that due to the delay my case will now receive some priority.
February 2007 Informed by Ombudsman that the provisional report was nearly ready.
August 27th 2007 Still waiting for the Council to provide a remedy for my first complaint. No provisional report into my second complaint. At this time I have still not even seen the Councils defence of my second complaints.

Furthermore, I am still waiting for an explanation from the Local Government Ombudsman as to how two Councils could commit further acts of maladministration whilst they were ostensibly monitoring the Councils actions regarding their earlier finding of maladministration. Please note the date of my second complaint and the date the Local Government Ombudsman ended their involvement with my first complaint. Coincidence? Collusion? Incompetence? Impotence? You decide.

Over ten years and counting. I wonder how long I would have had to wait if my case hadn't been prioritised by the Ombudsman?

No comments:

Post a Comment