Friday, August 03, 2007

Provisional Report

I have been told that a draft report regarding my March 2002 complaints is now with the Ombudsman. However, I have still not seen (let alone been given a copy of) the County Council's defence to any of my complaints and neither have I seen (or been given a copy of) the cross sectional plans on which they base their assertions. In fact as far as I am aware the Ombudsman hasn't been able to obtain the documents in question.

If the Ombudsman has the powers of a high court judge, as they often assert, then obtaining the necessary documents should have been easy. In any event if they follow normal legal practice, and the Council has not submitted a substantive defence, then they should find in my favour.

However, knowing how Local Government Ombudsmen operate I am not holding out much hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment