Five methods Councils and Ombudsmen use for inhibiting outrage over injustice.
1. Cover up the action
2. Devalue the target
3. Reinterpret what happened
4. Use formal procedures to give the appearance of justice
5. Intimidate or bribe people involved.
Five methods we can use to overcome the tactics above and make the injustice BACKFIRE on them.
1. Expose the action
2. Validate the target
3. Emphasise interpretation of the action as an injustice
4. Mobilise public concern (and avoid formal procedures)
5. Resist and expose intimidation and bribery.