- Has the council checked relevant policies and procedures for compliance with the Human Rights Act?
- Has the council taken (or followed) legal advice on the human rights implications of the action or decision complained about?
- What objective was the council pursuing in restricting or interfering with the complainant's convention rights?
- Where a complainant's convention rights have been restricted did the council consider less restrictive options than that chosen, and if so, why were they rejected?
- Did the council consider or follow the requirements of procedural fairness arising from the Convention and Court decisions?
Tuesday, March 11, 2008
LGO investigation manual
The investigation manual of the LGO sets out a number of useful examples of lines of enquiry that refer to the Human Rights Act for investigating complaints in councils.