Friday, July 11, 2008

The upside of delay 3

Another way of utilising your time, whilst waiting for a Local Government Ombudsman to determine your complaint, is to start your own blog or website. As most complainants eventually come to realise the press are not overly interested in publishing the truth about public authorities due to the amount of advertising revenue they get from them. Therefore, when you start your own blog or website you are preparing for the time when you want to publish your own story in your own words without anyone else having editorial control over what you say and how you say it.

In addition newspapers have little relevance in the world of today. When most people have a problem with the LGO they go on-line and carry out a Google search. This is how I found Ombudsman Watch over 5 years ago and this is how many of my readers find my blog. Newspapers also use Google for research purposes so when the LGO finally become news worthy my blog will show up in their research. I have already been approached by a couple of newspapers for comments on particular councils as a result of my posts.

In my case delay has been a counter productive tactic for the Ombudsman to use for the last few years. For if they had pulled their finger out a few years ago and resolved my case I would not be here now producing such damning evidence against them, I would be enjoying my early retirement.

If you would like to start a blog about your own case all you have to do is click on 'create a blog' at the right hand side of the header to my blog. It's easier than you think and lots of fun. You can create and delete as many blogs as you want so why not give it a go.

No comments:

Post a Comment