Sunday, August 31, 2008

Administrative injustice part 1

If you submit a complaint to the York LGO you only have a 0.34% chance of them reporting your complaint as maladministration. Unfortunately navigating your way through their system is no guarantee that you will obtain any sort of remedy for the administrative justice you have suffered.

Over the last 11 years I have managed to navigate my way through their system twice but still haven't obtained a remedy for the administrative injustice I have suffered. The fact that administrative injustice is reported is no guarantee that it will be remedied. Wilma Wright's petition proves that point as does the fact that I am still waiting for the roadway ajacent to my property to be completed without it impacting on my property.

And that is why I have little confidence in the ability of the staff at the Local Government Ombudsman's office in York to identify let alone ensure a remedy for administrative injustice is provided. The bottom line is that the staff at the York office of the Local Government Ombudsman's office haven't got a clue. They are even bringing an investigator in from London to show them how to do their job properly. All this because the York LGO has a policy of believing the unsubstantiated word of a council rather than the rock solid evidence provided by a complainant.

No comments:

Post a Comment