Thursday, September 18, 2008

So just who is telling the truth? Another update!

Further to my previous post: So just who is telling the truth? An update.

Some of the houses on phase 2 and phase 3 of the development in question should not have been occupied until the open space, play area and highway were under the control of the council. The developer has been in breach of planing permission and a section 106 agreement for over 7 years. In addition this is not the first time I have attempted to bring this matter to the attention of Vale Royal Borough Council. The last time I was told (bear in mind that the people occupying the restricted houses had been paying council tax to Vale Royal Borough Council since 2001 when the developer left the site) that they had no way of knowing if any of the houses were occupied. They even suggested that it was up to the developer to bring any planning breaches to their attention.

Here's my recent Freedom of Information requests in an attempt to find out the truth.

Who has started cutting the grass verges, open spaces and play area?

Who is responsible for the play area?

Who is responsible for the open space?

And this is the response I received on the 16th September 2008. Don't forget the developer completed and sold all the houses on the site over 7 years ago.

With regard to why these areas have remained with the developer, our Head of Streetscene needs to do some further investigation as any officers dealing with that site have since left the Authority. I have asked the Head of Service to let me have his reply as soon as possible and I will in turn ensure that you are informed without delay.

In the meantime, you have also asked who cut the grass on the highway verge, play area and open space between Firtree Close and Linwood and why. I have spoken to our Streetcare Manager and he has confirmed that his officers have not carried out this work. He does not know who did, but his operatives have reported seeing what they assumed was a contractor maintaining the grass in that area. [my emphasis]

I hope the above information is helpful. I will write again as soon as I have further information for you.

I have submitted another Freedom of Iiformation request in an attempt to get to the truth.

I would like to know why a developer's private contractor rather than Vale Royal Borough Council is cutting the highway verges on an adopted part of Rookery Rise. More particularly the part of Rookery Rise between Firtree Close and Linwood Winsford.

I would also like to know why Vale Royal Borough Council is cutting the verges on an unadopted part of Rookery Rise. More particularly the part of Rookery Rise between Beechfields and Fernway.

No comments:

Post a Comment