Thursday, September 11, 2008

So just who is telling the truth? An update!

Further to my earlier post so just who is telling the truth?

The Ombudsman states in her report that, apart from a small section of road adjacent to my property, the roadways on the estate are all adopted. Curious because the Councils own Highways Adoption Gazetteer still shows them as unadopted. Here's my Freedom of Information request to find out the truth. When was the adopted road gazetteer last updated? It has been updated since I submitted the FOI request and the following extracts prove my point.

This picture shows an extract of the on-line gazetteer just before I submitted my FOI request.



This picture shows an extract of the on-line gazetteer after my FOI request was answered.


It is obvious that the gazetteer has been recently updated but even the recent update still shows the roads as unadopted. So my question is still valid, just who is telling the truth, the Council or the Ombudsman?

In addition, some of the houses on phase 2 and phase 3 should not even be occupied until the open space, play area and highway are under the control of the council. Here's my Freedom of Information requests in an attempt to find out the truth.

Who has started cutting the grass verges, open spaces and play area?

Who is responsible for the play area?

Who is responsible for the open space?

Vale Royal Borough Council are guilty of breaching the law by failing to respond to my Freedom of Information requests within the prescribed 20 days. I have warned them that if they don't respond within the next 5 days I will submit a complaint to the Information Commissioner.

UPDATE: I have now had a response. Vale Royal Borough Council state, 'we are awaiting confirmation from the Land Registry to enable us to accurately answer your questions and we therefore need a little extra time.'

No comments:

Post a Comment