Here are a few examples of the LGO's actions and inactions that have helped them fall from grace. There are many more!
- Refusing to let complainants see the evidence relied on.
- Refusing to investigate valid complaints.
- Minimising the impact of a complaint for local authorities.
- Failing to take relevant evidence into account, introducing irrelevant evidence and generally manipulating evidence.
- Lack of true independence.
- Colluding with local authorities to reproduce documentation or block complainant access to particular documentation.
- Demonstrable bias towards those under investigation and against complainants.
- Fiddling statistics and survey results.
- Lying to and/or misleading complainants.
- Manipulating reports to minimise judicial reviews.
- Failure to improve the system.
There is something rotten in the LGO system...Tis an unweeded garden.