Monday, November 17, 2008

11 years, two York LGOs and still no cross sectional plan or statutory authority provided.

Cheshire County Council recently sent me their latest plan view for the works they threaten to carry out in the vicinity of my property but still haven't given me a proper cross sectional view of their plans to prove they won't interfere with my legal and human rights. All they have provided is a not to scale sketch without levels making it a complete waste of time. They argue the works won't interfere with my rights but refuse to prove it by providing a proper cross sectional plan. On one hand they suggest I should seek advice on their plans but on the other refuse to give me a copy of the cross sectional plans on which to do so! The York LGO has a lot to answer for.

I also asked the council to provide me with the specific statutory authority that allowed them to carry out works if they interfered with my legal and human rights. Again they refused.

So after 11 years and 2 Local Government Ombudsman's investigations (1997/98 - 2002/08) I am still waiting for the council to provide a copy of the cross sectional plans for the works they threaten to carry out and/or the statutory authority that allows them to carry out the works if they interfere with my legal and human rights.

And the Local Government Ombudsman has the audacity to wonder why I and many others think they are a complete waste of time!

No comments:

Post a Comment