Therefore, if your complaint takes more than a few months I guarantee that you will experience these same old tactics over and over and over and over again. Here's the top ten!
- Delay (This is their favourite tactic[a])
- Allowing the Council to break their promises.
- Accepting anything the Council assert whilst ignoring anything the complainant states.
- Ignoring or misrepresenting evidence that supports the complainant’s case.
- Accepting and bolstering evidence that's irrelevant but superficially appears to improve the Council’s case.
- Misinterpreting statutory powers in a way to enhance the Councils defence whilst damaging the complainants case.
- Manipulating expert evidence to support the Council’s case and damage the Complainants case.
- Producing evidence and fallacious arguments for the Council to save them the time and trouble.
- Moving the goal posts to improve the councils position and damage the complainants case.
- Ignoring part of the complaint altogether.
11 years to resolve a case that should have been resolved in a few weeks is an example of the Local Government Ombudsman's willingness to use delaying tactics.
So if the Local Government Ombudsman can't derail your complaint the first time they will try and try again until they succeed or delay the complaint long enough to extinguish it on other grounds [a]. Unless of course you are one of the lucky ones they have chosen to advance their evangelical agenda.